Facing drunk driving charges can be incredibly stressful. Many of the people who are charged with DUI may never have had a more serious encounter with the law than a speeding ticket. It is important that you know what you need to do to help you protect your driving privileges and to help you secure the best possible resolution to your charges.
Securing the assistance of an attorney who has helped others through the same situation you are facing is the best choice you can make.
Newcastle Attorney Andrew Phipps has helped people all over Washington fight DUI charges and driving-related charges. He understands what is necessary to build a strong case that can help you put drunk driving charges behind you.
Proven DUI Defense Strategies
There are many ways to successfully attack DUI charges, including raising such questions as:
- Was there probable cause for the police to stop you in the first place?
- Were there other explanations for possible signs of intoxication?
- Was the officer properly trained in administering roadside testing?
- Was the Breathalyzer operating properly?
- Did the officer know how to work the Breathalyzer?
- Were your rights respected?
The answers to these questions can be incredibly useful in fighting your DUI charges.
Why Does My Ticket Say Something Other Than "DUI"?
The acronym for "drunk driving" varies from state to state. Here is a list of the most commonly used terminology:
- OVI: Operating a Vehicle while Intoxicated
- OMVI: Operating a Motor Vehicle while Impaired
- DUI: Driving Under the Influence
- DUII: Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants
- DUII-CS: Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants: Controlled Substances
- OWI: Operating While Intoxicated
- DWI: Driving While Intoxicated
- OUI: Operating Under the Influence of intoxicating liquor
- DWAI: Driving While Ability Impaired
- ADWI: Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated
Focused On Traffic Defense Since 1999
At The Law Offices of W. Andrew Phipps, we are committed to helping people protect themselves from the consequences of a DUI conviction. Jail, fines and a drivers license suspension are all potential consequences that you face unless you put forward an effective defense. Since 1999, we have been helping people fight against DUI. Our focus on driving-related charges has allowed us to develop a skill set that helps people protect their drivers licenses and avoid the serious consequences they face if convicted of a DUI. Let us put that experience to work defending you.
Proven DUI Defense in Bellevue, the Greater Seattle Area and All Over Washington State
Our extensive experience in fighting DUI charges can make all the difference. To schedule a free initial consultation with a skilled and experienced criminal defense attorney, call 425-688-0787 or contact us online.